ST. MARINA, V.
SHE flourished in Bithynia in the eighth century,
and served God under the habit of a monk, with extraordinary fervor.
Her wonderful humility, meekness, and patience are celebrated in the
lives of the fathers of the desert. She died about the middle of the
eighth century. Her relics were translated from Constantinople to
Venice in 1230, and are venerated there in a church which bears her
name. She is also titular saint of a parish church in Paris, which is
mentioned by the celebrated William of Paris, in 1228. In it is
preserved a portion of her relics, brought from Venice. St. Marina is
commemorated in the Roman Martyrology and in the New Paris Breviary
on the 18th of June; and the feast of the translation of her relics
is kept at Venice on the 17th of July. On her, see the Bollandists on
the 17th of July, t. 4, Julij.