WAS a British virgin who suffered martyrdom under
the Saxons before their conversion to the faith. Her body was
honorably kept at Seaford near Lewes, in Sussex, till, in 1058, her
remains, with those of St. Idaberga, virgin, and part of those of St.
Oswald, were conveyed into Flanders, and are now deposited in St.
Winock’s abbey at Berg. They have been honored by many
miracles, especially at the time of this translation, as even the
century-writers of Magdeburg mention. A history of these miracles
written by Drogo, an eye-witness to several, is published by Solier
the Bollandist, p. 608, t. 5, Jul See also Alford in Annal. ad an.
687, n. 21.